Quick update- for those who know about the eye saga- Christopher will be just fine!!!!! Thank the Lord! (really!!)
For those who don't- About 2 months ago I noticed Christopher's pupils were different...like REALLY different! Like something very serious could be wrong different! This could have been from several different things: head trauma, tumors of the head/neck/etc., or physiologic (meaning he was born that way). Of course since I am in the medical field AND I work at a cancer hospital you can only imagine how super freaked out I was. Anyway, we have spent the past 2 months seeing specialists and as of this past Tuesday we found out he just has PHYSIOLOGIC ANISOCORIA. Now I will spare you the medical details of what this is and how it happens but if interested you can wiki or google anisocoria and you will quickly learn why we have been somewhat of a nervous wreck the past month or so...
One of the tests they did on Christopher was put cocaine drops in his eyes (YES, you read that correctly). Our child would FAIL a drug test. This was unnerving for Charlie and I at first BUT it was much better than sedating our child and putting him in an MRI machine. Basically what this test told us is that his right eye is capable of dilating and that his sympathetic nervous system was not compressed or damaged from a tumor, aneurysm or some other scary medical condition. Basically it told us we can RELAX!!
He will have unequal pupils for the rest of his life...but seriously who cares! He's happy, healthy and growing perfectly fine! He's just a miracle and we love him so much!!! Besides, I actually have a very mild form of anisocoria too...it will be interesting to see if our next bambino has it! = )
Friday, November 13, 2009
Los Ojos!
Posted by The Falcones at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm glad you finally got your answer. I know it was stressful, but that precious boy couldn't be anything but perfect. Love ya'll!
Post a Comment