Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CALEB JACK IS HERE!

Caleb Jack arrived on (believe it or not) St. Patty's Day! I've been talking about hoping it would happen this way for awhile and sure enough it did - au natural! = )
Here's a little recap of our labor and delivery. I worked all day Wednesday in the operating room. Charlie had to work a little late that evening so it was just me and Christopher (which was really tough for me at the end of pregnancy). Sure enough homeboy decided this would be a good day for a temper tantrum!!! Around 5pm I decided to just hold him and carry him around the courtyard outside our house just to calm him down....and this is where it all began....
Christopher must have really pissed Caleb off because once we got back inside I started having regular 'pains' about every 6 minutes. I didn't mention this to Chuck when he got home because I figured it was nothing. We did our normal nighttime routine with Chris and after he was in bed I went and laid down to 'watch TV' but really I was timing these weird pains...finally around 9 pm I went into the living room and told Charlie we should probably start timing the contractions. By 10 pm they were about 4 minutes apart and starting to get painful. We called the on call doctor and he told us to come up there right away...we called our neighbor to watch Chris until Mama Q and Papa Grumps could get to our house. I took a quick shower, loaded the car (while Chuck ran around like a crazy man...I say he was freaking out...but he disagrees). By the time we got to the hospital I was in SERIOUS pain and the contractions were getting closer and closer. Of course we hit the rodeo traffic on the way to the hospital!! (it wasn't too bad though).

We checked in and they hooked me up to the monitor. Of course the darn thing was broken and my contractions weren't registering. So of course this delays them in calling the doctor and any hope of me getting an epidural immediately! I was going to go ape-$#!& if they tried to send me home at this point because of it appearing I was not in labor. So we switched rooms and monitors and finally the saw the contractions register and the doctor was called. He checked me and I was 5 centimeters at that point...still not broken water. I got my epidural and we rested for awhile (Chuck slept/snored and I enjoyed laying there listening to the heartbeat). Just like last time I suddenly got super nauseated and threw up around 6am! (I knew eating chocolate chip cookie dough before going to the hospital would be a bad idea...). And just like last time this signified that I was ready to go - 10 centimeters! Still my water had not broken and was holding on for dear life. They called the doctor and she told us to not move until she got there. She arrived quickly, broke my water, I pushed a whopping 6 times and CALEB JACK then blessed our life!!! This is probably TMI but we watch the birth this time and is was AMAZING!

His birth stats- 7 lbs 12 ounces (imagine if he stayed in until my due date!!), 20.5 inches, born at 7:38am on 03/17/11!
So he is here and we and our family is complete! = ) Chris is doing REALLY well with him around and loves to call him brother/CJ, poke his nose/eyes and copy all his funny baby noises!
For now Caleb's routine is sleep, eat, poop. Here are some pics:

0 comments: