Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chicago!

We went to Chicago/Valparaiso last weekend for the 2010 Schumann family reunion! I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to catch up with the family! The last time we were all together was at our wedding in 2007 but Chuck and I really didn't get a chance to catch up with everyone...so this was a treat!

I will spare you the travel horror stories but getting there and home was a near disaster...but the actual time spent in the Chicago area was awesome!!! We loooooved Chitown!

Friday we spent the majority of the day traveling. On Saturday my cousin, Lara, took us to Chicago for a day of site-seeing. We went to Taste of Chicago which was super yummy! I had spinach stuffed Chicago style pizza which is to-die-for!
We saw a lot of cool architecture, including "the bean".
We went to the John Hancock building which apparently has the fastest elevator in North America...in all honesty I was scared to death looking out of the windows and it scared me even more to have Christopher up there. The views were amazing though.We ventured by Wrigley field while we were there too. Christopher was so tired by the time we got there BUT this is a picture every dad should have with their son so we went anyway! = )
Sunday was our official family reunion day. Lara rented a pavilion at a local park and we grilled, played games and enjoyed each other's company! It was a great day that ended with a fantastic firework show. I was so nervous about taking Christopher to the fireworks but homeboy slept through the ENTIRE show!! It was nuts!
Here is a picture of the Schumann family before the firework festivities began!
Again, I will spare you the travel details but our trip ended up being one extra, unexpected day! We took advantage of this and Lisa, Charlie and I took the "El" downtown and explored. Grandma Henry (once again!) stayed in with our bambino so we could enjoy ourselves! Thanks Grandma Henry!! We went and had some fabulous custard and Chicago style pizza!! Yummy!


We had such a great weekend! Thanks to cousin Lara for coordinating the weekend! It was a blast!!

0 comments: