When I did my OB rotation in school I would give patients orange juice during ultrasounds if the baby wasn't cooperating or moving enough. So what did I do before my appointment on Friday morning knowing I was going to have an ultrasound? I prescribed myself some good old OJ! Ohhhh my goodness...our child can move! It was the cutest thing ever!! See for yourself..
The baby is now 70 mm from crown to rump and has a heart beat of 155 bpm. He/she is growing like a weed! Even though we don't know yet, I'm convinced it's a girl! We will find out for sure on February 3rd! (mark your calender).
The visit overall went well (for the most part). Dr. Firpo and apparently her partner, Charles Falcone, MD, ganged up on me and gave me a lecture about my weight (which I already knew was a minor issue). I somehow lost 4 pounds since the beginning of pregnancy. I didn't feel well for a long time and once the nausea was gone, surprisingly so was my appetite! It's getting better though! =) We have a weight check follow-up appointment in 3 weeks to make sure I am back to where I started. Should be easy, I'm a junk food junkie! = ) Now let's just hope I don't go to the other extreme! Also this visit, we changed our due date AGAIN. It's now June 28th which makes me 13 weeks today! We are very excited about beginning the second trimester!
Can't wait to post the next picture!

1 comments:
Don't worry about the weight too much this trimester. It is very common for people to loss weight during the first trimester due to being sick 24/7. The Dr.'s like to see a gain of 0-5 lbs. in the first trimester. I am sure you will make up for the loss in the second trimester. Then late in your third you might loss a couple lbs. again as it gets hard to eat a lot with a baby pushing up on you stomach. Just eat until you feel good:)
Post a Comment