Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kumquat Dean Falcone

We are officially 10 weeks today! The picture above represents the size of our baby this week- a kumquat! Next week- a fig!

I have been doing okay lately except for some morning-evening-all day sickness, a couple of migraines and one episode of nearly passing out in the operating room. Otherwise, I really can't complain (even though I'm sure I do). = )

Last night was my first night to actually have an appetite in several weeks. Prior to this it was a chore to eat. If I ate, I felt sick. If I didn't eat, I felt sick. Any pregnant woman can relate! But something was different about me last night when driving home from work. It felt fantastic---I never thought wanting to eat would be so exciting! I went to Miyako's (local sushi joint) and stared at the menu for a loooooong time. Torture! My mouth was watering looking at the raw sushi... I asked the server if he could make me cooked sushi but prepare it on a different table than the raw stuff to avoid the dangerous bacteria... he told me it was not worth the risk... I only tipped him a $1. Anyways, I left the restaurant with miso soup, steamed rice, shrimp tempura and edamame...it was delicious!!
Other cool and interesting facts this week- fingernails are forming and the baby's joints are working. The hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over the heart! No more webbed fingers or toes!
Next visit to Dr. Firpo is 12/19/08 and there WILL be a picture coming soon!


0 comments: