Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seriously?!?

Our precious, sweet, little Christopher has decided to boycott his crib and pack n' play during daylight hours! This is ridiculous! We can get him to completely pass out in our arms but the second he goes to the crib...BAM...these big, beautiful, blue eyes stare back at you saying "What the hell do you think you are doing putting me in here?! I refuse!! WAAAAA!". AND we are back awake! I don't understand but he just KNOWS when we lay him in there. I am currently reading a sleep book that emphasizes how important napping in the crib is and NOT in your arms, swing, etc. So I feel defeated. Chris has compromised though and decided he loooooves our bed. This is bad. I don't let him sleep in bed with us but he will gladly nap there. This too is a no-no in the book! Below is one of many napping sessions in our bed. He looks so peaceful. What does the book know anyways...it's all rubbish! (right, Doug?)

Bonus material:

1 comments:

Denny, Heather, and Emily said...

Just to make you feel better=) Emily slept between Denny and I for the first 2 months in one of those special sleep positioners so we would not accidently roll over on her. Then once she started developing a sleep routine we moved her to the pack-n-play bassinet. And by four months she was sleeping from 8Pm to 7 AM in her crib without needing to wake up and feed. I am sure the book says that what we did was COMPLETELY wrong. But she is the BEST sleeper. Probably the only thing we did like the book said was to put her down if she feel asleep in our arms once she was a cpuple of weeks old. But I honestly think she learned to sleep well is because we stuck with a routine.

Basically, Do what works for ya'll and once you have a routine start to slowly change to progress towards the crib. Hope this helps=)