Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CJ Update!

I went to the doctor yesterday for an unexpected visit. Since Monday I've been nauseated, weak, super crampy and just feeling "blah". She checked me and I'm now dilated to 2 cm and 80% effaced. Everything looked pretty good except my blood pressure was slightly elevated. Fortunately I didn't have protein in my urine or swelling so we aren't too concerned for pre-eclampsia right now. = ) Phew - that would have been immediate bed rest! But she did suggest that I start working part-time for the next 2 weeks to keep me from progressing. Haha- as if that's an option...I just laughed when she said that.

Fortunately, I have fantastic coworkers that are going to lighten my load over the next 2 weeks to get me to full term then the doc is fine with me working hard and progressing as quickly as possible. Depending on my blood pressure etc. she may consider inducing me this time a little early. I'm not in favor of induced labor....but we shall see how I'm feeling in 2 weeks.

So for now it's doctor's orders to rest AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Try telling that to a 19 month old...thank goodness I have a great husband to take care of us both! = )

0 comments: